We look forward to seeing you and your teams this afternoon.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND THOROUGHLY, TO BE AS EFFICIENT AS POSSIBLE THIS AFTERNOON THIS WILL SERVE AS TODAY'S COACHES AND COMPETITOR BRIEFING. FEEL FREE TO FWD TO YOUR SAILORS.
Click to read:
Sailing Instructions with course diagram for RBM Regatta
Sailing Instructions with course diagram for the FCSL Women's Champs
and rotations for both events.
- Sailors should be dropped off at IHYC. All buses should park off site. Cars should do their best to park on the street or immediately to the left inside the gate.
- Sailors may change in the Jr. Clubhouse or the locker rooms in the lower level of the clubhouse, accessible through the archway on the west side of the clubhouse.
- Coaches will shuttle sailors to Grass Island and the east docks.
- We will monitor VHF channel 72. PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN RADIO.
- Boats 1-12 are located at Grass Island, Boats 13-24 are located on the east docks at IHYC, and Boats 25-30 are located on the west docks to the right of the hoist. Please be sure your sailors get into the correct whaler to go to the correct location.
- FCSL A division sailors will go ALL shuttle to Grass Island to rig GHS boats.
- FCSL B division from Darien, Fairfield, GA, GHS, will shuttle to Grass Island to rig GHS boats.
- FCSL B division from RCDS, Rye High, Stamford and Staples will shuttle to the Brunswick boats on the IHYC east property docks.
- RBM Regatta A division from Brunswick, Fairfield, and GFA will rig GA boats on the east docks.
- RBM Regatta A division from RCDS, Rye High, Stamford, and Staples will rig RCDS boats located by the hoist.
- RBM Regatta B division should be ready and waiting on the dock to be shuttled to the course.
- RBM Regatta will rotate out of 2 whalers. Brunswick, Fairfield, GFA, GA, and GHS B division should ALL be in one whaler attached to a mooring for rotating and RCDS, Rye High, Stamford, and Staples should be in the second whaler attached to a mooring.
- Conditions are favorable that two boats can come alongside at once. Coaches, please assist in guiding teams to the correct whaler (hopefully pinnies will make it easy for teams to spot their rotation boat). PLEASE REMIND YOUR KIDS TO RELEASE THE VANG before approaching the rotation whalers.
- Starting sequence: FCSL Womens A, RBM A, FCSL Womens B, RBM B.
- After racing: sailors will sail boats to appropriate homes and derig. Thanks to ALL coaches in advance for your help in getting boats to the right location AND shuttling kids back to IHYC.
- Awards and PIZZA! We will have awards and pizza for ALL, please plan on staying for the awards ceremony and pizza party.
Reminder: shirts and shoes required in the parking lot and on the docks. IHYC is in full-on summer season, please be aware of members coming in and out of the club parking lot.
Coaches, thank you for reading and being at the ready this afternoon to make these two events a success and fun for our sailors - a great way to wrap the season up.
Let's go sailing!
Carolyn and Clemmie